Paula from Bell’alimento created a burger perfect for every mushroom lover. With mushrooms in the patty and on top, you’ll wonder where this burger has been all of these years!
There aren’t many things better than a big fat juicy burger. They’re easy to make and pretty much a crowd pleaser. Not to mention the insane amount of variety you can add to them. The possibilities are endless. One of my favorite combos is a mushroom swiss burger. However, in preparation for grilling season I decided to go one step further and create an inside out mushroom burger. It’s double the mushrooms and double the cheese. You get both on the inside and the outside.
Mushroom and cheese lovers rejoice, your burger has arrived!
Inside Out Mushroom Burger
Paula Jones – bell’alimento
- 1 pound ground beef
- kosher salt/pepper
- 8 ounces baby Portabella, divided
- 4 ciliegini fresh mozzarella balls
- vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 slices provolone or Swiss cheese
- 4 slider buns – toasted
1. Into a large bowl add beef. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Place 2 ounces of mushrooms into a food process and pulse until finely minced. Add minced mushrooms to beef. Mix until just combined.
3. Divide beef into 4 equal portions and form into patties. Press your thumb into each patty and insert 1 mozzarella ball. Cover cheese with beef and reform into patty. Continue until all 4 patties are complete. Brush sides lightly with vegetable oil. Set aside.
4. Slice remaining 6 ounces of mushrooms.
5. Place butter into a small pan and melt over medium heat. Add mushrooms, fresh thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until mushrooms have softened. Set aside.
6. WHILE mushrooms are sautéing, place a grill pan over medium-high heat. Add hamburger patties and cook 3-4 minutes until a nice crust has formed. Flip burgers and continue cooking for additional 3 minutes.
7. Add cheese slices and cover grill pan with lid to allow cheese to melt. Set patties aside to rest.
8. To assemble, top burgers with sautéed mushrooms and toasted slider buns.